Always wanted to play Santa but don't have a sleigh and reindeer!?!
Here is the secret.
(You don't even need to buy anything, and it is fun to do with kids!)
In honor of Giving Tuesday, we're giving you the 6 easy steps to playing Santa:
1) Go to www.HeroSearch.org
2) Click on 'Search now' to discover donation items that charities near you need and read about the impact your gift can make. Talk with your fellow elves about how you want to make a difference.
3) Select a charity (or charities) that you want to help.
The results page will show you the organizations, location, hours for drop off, and what they do with the donation items. You can choose an organization that serves a cause that is meaningful to you, or just based on what is most convenient (or both!)
4) Gather donations (It's like a scavenger hunt!)
Make an afternoon or a day of collecting donation items from your closets and attic, or even buy something new. If you are so moved, do a 'drive' with family and friends to collect items to bring.
5) Deliver your donations yourself (or with fellow elves)
When you go in person to deliver donations, you get a hands-on sense of where there items are going, and even meet and talk to people there to learn more about the great things being done in your community.
6) Share your joy and inspire others!
We would love to hear from you! Let us know how your project goes - Send photos if you can! Contact us through the website or directly at Jennifer@HeroSearch.org.
If you love the experience, please share with your friends and neighbors! The more the word gets out, the more good goes around, and the better place the world will be.